PGA Jr League u13 Season Info | Registration opens February 3 at PGAJrLeague.com
Ages 8-13 | $300 | The practice time you register for determines your child’s team placement.
Practices | Our Junior League Program includes one practice per week for 7 weeks with a student-teacher ratio of 6:1. Five practice day/time options are available.
• Tuesdays 4:30-5:30pm | April 14,21,28, May 5,12,19,26
• Wednesdays 5:00-6:00pm | April 15,22,29 May 6,13,20,27
• Wednesdays 6:00-7:00pm | April 15,22,29 May 6,13,20,27
• Thursdays 5:00-6:00pm | April 16,23, 30 May 7,14,21,28
• Thursdays 6:00-7:00pm | April 16,23, 30 May 7,14,21,28
Matches | Sundays 3:00pm Tee Times Assigned | All Matches at Magnolia Green
April 19, 26, May 3, 10, 17 | raindates: May 24, 31
2020 Jr Development League & u17 League info coming soon!
Our PGA Junior League Team Programming links learning to play and learning to compete. Both levels feature golf played in a fun team environment with team practices & team vs. team competitions.
u13: The ‘Classic’ Team Scramble Format
Competitions feature a less stressful team scramble as opposed to stroke-play competition. All players compete from our ‘Orange Family Tees.’ While the u13 PGA Junior League is a developmental league, all children must be able to carry or pull-cart their own clubs, make their own club selections, keep score, and consistently hit the ball forward and in the air. Players younger than 8 will be evaluated on skill level and course experience for inclusion. Players who are younger or new to the game are encouraged to participate in our Developmental League, designed specifically to get new and young players ready to compete on the travel team.
u17: Two-person Best Ball Match Play (fourball).
Players are grouped into teams of 2 who play their own ball for 9 holes. The lower score between them on each hole counts as the team score. A hole is won by the team with the lowest score on the hole. Flags are awarded every 3 holes, ½ points awarded for ties. Players compete from the Red or White Tees depending on age.
Practice Time Options for both Levels: TBA
Matches | Magnolia Green | TBA
Players will participate in (7) weekly weekday practices and (5) regular weekend season competitions
- Practices commence two weeks before the start of the first competition
- Matches 9-holes of team-vs-team, 2-person scramble OR Best Ball format
- Competitions are held on Sundays tee times starting at 3pm
- Matches last approximately 2-3 hours
- Players receive a team ‘jersey’ and hat